Sunday, June 28, 2015

changing generation

Changing
 Generation!!
It true that today’s generation is lot change, broken between two generation, the generation which has gone by and the generation to come. This generation which is now, is clever and practical as, it knows what is right? And……… what is wrong?  For them who consider like this, every relation is like ladder for them….. on which they step to rice further in life and achieve goal, but when there is no use for this ladder anymore what they do?
They are trashed or thrown in garbage like any other mess with  other old materials   , however life does not take you up like ladder. Life grows like tree………….. parent’s aren’t steps on ladder, parent’s are soul of one’s life , however tree is , however filled or green it is or it may seem …… it can’t stand on it is own once the root is hacked………
 Children often forget the value of their parents, hard work and sacrificed, they just enjoy things which they get freely, and in this story u will read like that. It is short story about man who sacrificed everything, not for his own happiness or to seem big, but for his children smile and happiness.   It begin like this…………………
One day me and my father went to one nursing home , my father had some work there , there were lot of oldies around with shabby hair , broken teeth , and some people even had bandaged on their head or leg. I was pretty scared and caught my father’s finger tightly. We were sitting in the waiting room. The manger called my father in to talk and he told me to wait in the waiting room for while for him. I was waiting in the room alone with lot of old people staring at me and passing by.
   One man sat next to me, I got scared and sat away form him, he was bled and wore some shabby clothes and had big mouche… but was nice, for while we remained silenced but after while he spoke to me ,’what is your name ? I remained silenced, thought (father has instructed not to speak with any strangers), it was muttering in my head. I again remained silenced. ‘Well, boy, my name is Subrimanium Lal, what is yours?’ he asked politely. He smiled and asked me politely, He seemed kind of nice by the way and I was getting interested in him, so I said it ‘my name is Pradeep Bhitale’.’Nice name’ he said, again he asked ‘and with whom have u come? I kind felt it strange but I said ‘I have come with my father’. ’You love your parents a lot na?’.’Of, course sir! a lot ‘ what kind of question was that? Every children love their parents I thought. ‘Have they ever bate u or scold u?’ he asked, ‘hmm, some time ’’ I said.’ Then what u feel about them? He asked.’ Well, sometime I feel as if they don’t love me but they really love me ‘ I said.’ Of , course they love u , they just don’t want u to do mistakes which they have done, they want u  to have better future than them, do u love your parents?’ he asked staring at me, ‘ yes’ I said  ‘Then……….. don’t leave them alone ever.’ He said. I gazed at his face with confusion for while…………..
 I will tell u one story about how trust is broken, he said, (tears rolled down his cheeks) as he began to narrate his story…………………..
We lived in Dehradun (Dara shiv puri) we had house there I had two sons Vinod and Govind, one wife Mansi, we had small family, but my sons, they were two stars of my eyes. I used to give them everything whatever they used to ask. Their happiness meant everything for me how could I forget them? Of the time when they were born. Their pretty face smiling and crying, I still remember it. How they cried while going to school?  How they used to ask for things and used to cry behind me? Dad! I want new geometry box, new shoes, and new clothes. Dad! I need money, I want to go to college, I never bate them, scold them about anything or race my hand against them, my wife some time used to say ‘scold them at list little’ but I used to avoid her. I worked as clerk in school. I used to always see other children going to school with bags, shoes, nice clothes, and many things, I always thought that my children also should have all this things they should not feel needy or alone not even once. When I didn’t had money to buy, I worked harder and got those things for them and I gave them everything with smile even, my life. They used to say” I am their best father”. I grew old, I am retired man now, they grew up, things began to change, they got married and lived separately brought different homes and got settle. My wife waiting for them to come, visit her and meet her but passed away due to some heart diseases and. I thought of living with my sons and daughter in law to get love and affection from them. I thought things change with time not human. I never knew how? How? …………………. How they changed then?, but I was not feeling it kind of home there, I was made to stay in attic with other old things, their daughter in law used to say many odd things about me as if I have no respect, my elder son also used to say odd things about me as well. I was tired of listening of her chit chat…….. Again and again , every day, when I complained about it to my son , he said’ don’t blame her , she is right , behave yourself’.
One day I broke my stick and asked my son to buy me other one but he said he will buy it afterwards. Days passed but he didn’t buy but he bide necklace for his wife.  I didn’t say anything they might feel bad about me so just smiled, Time came for me to go ……. To other son but here also I had to hear many things and had to accept many quarrels. One day my son and me had talk about work and he said,’ whatever we are today are because of our steam, talent and hard work with which we paved way for ourselves, not only this I had secured my future also so that I have not to beg when I grow old, in any case, what have u really done for us? And he went to sleep. How could any son say like that? But it was true……..what have we done for them? If we’ve fed our children ………. And gone to bed with hungry stomach…… what have we done for them? If we have killed every little desire we had…. To fulfill your happiness and needs then what have we done for them? If we sacrificed our present for their future …… then what have we………..still done for them? We have done nothing ………. Nothing ……..(tears roll down from his eyes while saying it) and then my own son left me in nursing home. This is what children are for? They don’t understand their parents feeling?
I still ask myself, have I done wrong or my love was mistake for my children?  That made me blind to see what was happening in front of me and started wiping  , while asking this questions to myself ,  someone kept hand on my shoulder , I turned my back to see…………… But there was no one…… I heard inner voice from me saying, u are not coward, your love was true but just they don’t understood u and your love, so don’t waste your tears also for them, show them who is boss to them , show them your real power , work again , earn money and teach them lesson , u have made mistake once but you will not make it twice’.


I got job in nursing home (  for making cloths), made some new friends with old peoples, when it was time for my monthly payment, I earned almost 1 lakh, I was happy with it .
One day, my sons came……….. to take me home again……….. Saying,’home seems empty without u , plzz come home , forgive us’
Then what happen? I asked (curiously) did you went home with them.
I told u ‘I can make mistake once but not twice ‘I said’ come when your own son throws u out of house then talk with me’ and I left saying that.
The end
‘Well, u must have liked story it was not much big but it has value , don’t ever break your parents trust, don’t be selfish, understand them, feel them they might scold u, beat u but it is for your own good, they love u more, that’s the truth’. ‘It was nice meeting u boy just remember what I have said’ and he got up and left.
My father came out of office and called me, I just hugged him, and said ‘ I love u , daddy!’
It is true that generation has changed, these days, people have changed, time has changed but they should understand their parent’s value and should respect them, support them. They make mistakes but we should understand them, their problems, when we used make mistake in our childhood did they abandon us? No, they didn’t! Parents used to scold us, reason with us but they never left our side! So it is our duty to help them, not just abandon them alone for some silly situation. Love your parents a lot, cherish each and every moment with them, they are two people in the world, who want u more than anything. They will do their best. They will make some mistakes and u will get them only…….. for short time , but they will love u more than u can ever imagine. So, keep them happy……. always.


By Pradeep Bhitale.













No comments:

Post a Comment