Sunday, August 2, 2015

Ali and the magical lamp

Ali!!!!!
And                                                                      The…………..
Magical  
    Lamp!!!!
Every one must have read Aladin story or have seen his movie, where he finds magic lamp in cave of wonders, he rubs it and one gine appears and the gine grants him three wishs , it changes his life. Well, you will find the same thing in this story but little different from real aladin story. Let’s begin our story………..
It was stromy night, wind was blowing, trees were moving along the wind like waving to me ………. Owl were staring at me . …….. no!!!!
Wait………. wait, don’t take any shortcuts, tell the story properly from the beginning, how it happened??? When it happened???
Ok, ok, ok………..
It was morning, well every thing begins in morning. I went to college. I was in 12th std,  of course,it was my finale year.
 I had many friends in class also they were helpful to me, we used to crack lot of jokes, talk a lot while recess their used to be many hands in single tiffin box or some time even bunk the class, but feeling it is bad we used to attend the lecture, teachers were also good to me and always encourging to every one. I was having great fun in college,
 but Their was this boy (Kasim) in my class, he always used to tease me and make fun of me. I just don’t know what his problem was? He used to put some kind of gel on his hair to straighten up, used to wear, black like earring in his ears and of course lot of perfume. He used to bunk every class and used to say to say’ it is style baby!!’ he always used to disturb me in class and used to make fun of me. He was always troubling me since 11th STD I don’t know what his problem was?
Let it be. It is better not to mention it.
One day a new girl came in our class, her name was jasmine. She had glowing face, her eyes were light brown and she had one pony. She was little taller than me, I liked her in first look and tried to introduce myself to her,
But………….but why kasim had come to in between? He stopped me and said’ go back, move back’.
Many time it happened like this but…………..
One day she came to me asking for notes, I just kept staring at her,
‘Hello!!’ she said’ can u help me with completing the notes?’ she asked politely,
Well I just said’ yes, yes……… of course why not.’
 I gave her my book then I just kept staring at her………
‘Wait this is my chance to introduce myself to her’, I said to myself.
I introduced myself to her, she smiled.
She was always nice to me and helped me what to say about her………..her smile was to see, we used to crake jokes and used to laugh a lot, she used to talk a lot and I  just used to see her.
 One day, I thought maybe I should wait for perfect time then I will her truth, how I feel about her in my heart about her, that time will come soon.

One day, I was about to tell her about my feeling for her…………… when…………
Kasim entered the class and started laughing and making fun of me and pushed me back. I just bowed down and walked from there.

Let me first introduce myself first, my name is Ali and I am handicapped boy, I can’t hear nor I can walk properly but I am happy for who I am.


That night i was returning from college, it was dark but still had some street light on. When suddenly I heard some cries for help,
No!!!!! no!!!!!!
 I went in the direction of voice to see what is the matter.
I saw a gang was teasing one girl, I tried to see anyone was around but no one was there so, I went to save the girl from gang. ‘Leave the girl alone!,’ I said with one stick in my hand(‘don’t act like hero, you are not salman khan,’ my mind said) but they didn’t listen but they just saw me…………. and trashed me,
One boy even punched me………….
Thank god!! one police van was pasing through that place and saw everything.
Seeing the police van coming the holigen just ran madly from there , leaving the girl alone.
The girl said thank you to me and left.
One thought appered in my mind,How I wished to be normal boy able to walk, run, jump, like other children, fight bad boys(like jackie chan, wooo........ woo..........) then of coruse,I would had impressed jasmine also and I would had faught with those holigens and had taught them nice lesson. But shit I can’t do all those things.
Well, I was on my way to home with one leg injured.
I reached home, when mummy said,’ where were u? why u came late? What happened to your face? Speak up!!!’ It sounded much like judge asking me all this. Her question were sconded more like alligation to me and making me sound guilty.
I just lied to her and said that I had gone to library after school and while returning, I swpet my legs off the stairs and felt on floor and hurt my leg. She said nothing more after that but little.’ Just be careful while walking and go slow’.
‘ Aladdin,dinner is ready come fast!’ mommy said.
My parents loving  call me (Aladin) in home, as it is my pet name, also I feel this name kind of strange.
We had habbit of watching television while eating food, my brother was changing channel again and again, as if their were not single channel of his like.
Then he put one channel sony-max there was one cartoon movie named “Aladdin” it was not intresting at first but since it’s name was Aladdin probably my pet name so got intrested and began to watch it. The movie was like this : The film opens with Jafar, Grand Vizier to the Sultan of the fictional sultanate of Agrabah, attempting to retrieve a magicaloil lamp containing a genie from the Cave of Wonders. He enlists a petty thief to enter the cave and retrieve it, whose attempt fails. Jafar and his parrot assistant, Iago, learn that only a "Diamond in the Rough" can enter the cave. Meanwhile,Jasmine( not the girl from my class), the Sultan's daughter, frustrated with her life in the palace, flees to Agrabah's marketplace. There she meetsstreet rat Aladdin and his monkey pet, Abu, and the two begin to form a friendship. After Aladdin is arrested by orders of Jafar, Jasmine orders Jafar to have him released. Jafar lies to her that Aladdin was already executed, leaving Jasmine heartbroken.
Jafar, disguised as an elderly man, releases Aladdin and Abu from the dungeon and leads them to the Cave of Wonders, promising a reward in return for retrieving the lamp. The cave allows them to enter but instructs them to touch nothing but the lamp. Aladdin and Abu find a magic carpet. Aladdin obtains the lamp but Abu's attempt to steal a gem backfires and causes the cave to collapse. The carpet flies them back to the entrance and Aladdin delivers the lamp to Jafar, who then tries to kill him. Abu then thwarts Jafar and steals back the lamp as he, the carpet, and Aladdin fall back into the cave just as it closes.
In the collapsed cave, Aladdin rubs the lamp, inadvertently unleashing Genie, who reveals he will grant Aladdin three wishes with the exception of murder, romance, revival of the dead or additional wishes. Aladdin tricks the genie into magically freeing himself, Abu, and the carpet from the cave without actually using a wish; thereafter, Genie states that Aladdin will not receive anymore magic help unless he explicitly states "I wish". While contemplating his wishes, Genie admits he would wish for freedom, since he is a prisoner to his lamp. Aladdin promises to free Genie as his last wish. Aladdin decides to use his first wish to become a prince in order to be legally able to court Jasmine.
Meanwhile, Jafar attempts to mind control the Sultan into arranging a marriage between himself and Jasmine in order to become Sultan himself. Before he is able to succeed, Aladdin appears and parades into the Sultan's palace as "Prince Ali of Ababwa". Sultan is impressed but Jasmine rejects Ali as a suitor. Despite the Genie's suggestion that Aladdin to tell the princess who he really is, Aladdin keeps up his act as a suave prince and takes Jasmine around the world on the magic carpet. Jasmine suspects that Ali is actually the man she met in the marketplace; during the trip, she tricks Aladdin into admitting it and demands the truth from him. Aladdin fabricates a story that he sometimes dresses as a commoner to escape palace life. The couple kisses as Aladdin returns her home.
Afterwards, Aladdin is kidnapped and thrown into the ocean by Jafar who makes a second attempt to arrange a marriage. Genie rescues Aladdin as his second wish; Aladdin returns to the palace and exposes Jafar's plot. Jafar flees after noticing the lamp in Aladdin's possession, realizing who Aladdin is. Aladdin has second thoughts about freeing Genie, believing that without him he is "just Aladdin". Iago steals the lamp and brings it to Jafar. Jafar becomes Genie's new master, using his first two wishes to usurp the Sultan's throne and become the most powerful sorcerer in the world. Using his new powers, Jafar enslaves Jasmine and the Sultan, exposes Aladdin as a street rat, then exiles him and Abu to a frozen wasteland.
Aladdin and Abu use the magic carpet to return to the palace, where Aladdin sneaks in to try and recapture the lamp. Jafar proposes using his third wish to make Jasmine fall desperately in love with him. Genie protests that he cannot grant that wish, but Jasmine decided to feign interest in Jafar, allowing Aladdin to try to grab the lamp. Aladdin gets caught and battles Jafar, who transforms himself into an enormous cobra and traps Aladdin. Jafar claims to be "the most powerful being on Earth", to which Aladdin argues that Genie is more powerful. Faced with this realization, Jafar uses his final wish to become a genie himself. However, he then discovers that genies are not free entities as he is sucked into a lamp of his own, dragging Iago with him. The Genie sends Jafar's lamp flying into the Cave of Wonders. Genie urges Aladdin that he should use his third wish to regain his princeship, warning Aladdin that he has never seen a woman like Jasmine, but Aladdin, realizing that he cannot keep pretending to be something he is not, decides to keep his promise and wish for Genie's freedom. Seeing Jasmine's love for Aladdin, the Sultan changes the law to allow her to marry whomever she deems worthy. The newly free Genie leaves to explore the world while Aladdin and Jasmine celebrate their engagement
The end

Wow! This movie is so nice and inspiraing also.
 The ginie how it granted him three wishes, how it change aladin life and made him sultan, and also he got jasmine.  How I wished that I also get this magical lamp and he gives me three wishes like him. It kept maturing in my head again and again………….


 That night when I went to bed to sleep, my mind was thinking about the movie. So I slept………... dreaming  about this magical lamp,
 I dreamt that I had gone to egypt with my friends, we were visiting many places and having great fun.
We were visiting through many shops……….
Their was one antique shop, their were many old antique materials but my mind set on some thing more attractive and beautiful, in all that old pices there was one lamp covered with dust but still shiny.

I asked the shopkeper for the prise of this lamp but he said, ‘it is not for sale please take some other material’ and took the lamp from me. I don’t know what his problem was? But my mind was still only about that lamp.
After some time ,
I saw the shopkeeper getiing busy with other custmor and placed the lamp down,
I thought it was my movement and within that time I took the lamp, hided in my backpack and soon went out.
While I was half way, when I saw the shopkepper following me, I just ran from there , the shopkeeper also ran behind me.
I hided myself behind one block and waited for the shopkeeper to go away.
It was becoming dark………… but I saw the shopkeeper turning away. I came out of my hiding spot but soon relize that I have lost my way……..to my friends. I just looked around but every there was sand. I was confused what to do?
All was disappeared……gone…… I don’t know what was happening?????
I sat down with confusing look ……………..
Then my eyes went to my backpack, I had one waterbottlle, one rope one match box (I don’t smoke for information) this are things which I keep in my bag, just in case of emerjency and one lamp. It was shining …………. But had little dust on it, so I rubbed it……….


Some smoke started to come out of it………..



now I was little afraid and confused also. I was thinking ghost should not come out of it and started chanting ram, ram!!!!! or human chalisa , my father said whenever u feel insecure read it.






The smoke began to come even more and one  little man appeared in front of me with turban on his head, and he was flying but he seemed much like ghost.
‘What u wish for, mater!’ the little man said loudly,
Err………..er……… with fear I said,

‘Who r u? I asked,
The man said he is Genie , whoever rubs the lamp, he is his master and he grant him three wishes but he had few conditions which he can’t do like exception of murder, romance, and revival of the dead or additional wishes, he said
So tell me what u wish for?’ the genie asked.
My mouth was wide open after hearing this………
‘I just didn’t know what to ask for,’ I said
 I had such a long wish list about what to ask, that I don’t where to start, I was thinking like that.
I thought maybe he is bluffing; he can’t fulfill my any wish, so to check I played small trick on him.
‘If u are real and can fulfill my wish than can u take me home?’ I asked
The genie just filliped his finger …………. And within the movement I was home.
‘Wow! This is great’ I said.
Now I was sure he can grant my wish so asked him my first wish-I wish you, that u cure me, make me like normal boy
And again the genie filliped his finger……………. And my wish was granted.



In the morning when I went to college, I could hear everyone voice, discussion and music everything, everyone was looking at me and thinking how I was walking properly.
I even danced in front of them to show them and they were pretty shocked to see.
And that’s when kasim entered the class with two boys behind his back (why kasim has to come in, can’t he leave me alone? I said to myself with sad face)
He started making fun of me and pushing me, I was angry and wanted to punch him but remained silenced to avoid fight because he had strong body than me and I just turned back with sad face.
Then I knew what I had to wish for………. To teach him nice lesson……….
I came home and rubbed the lamp ………………….. And the genie appeared,
‘What is your second wish’ the genie asked.
For second wish I asked-“I wish you to make me stronger than anybody on earth”
‘I hope that u know, what u are asking for’ the genie said.
I didn’t paid much attention to his words and he filliped his finger…………..
Then again in the morning I went to college, I was feeling stonger than before.
Periods passed………… I was waiting for kasim to come.
That’s when he came and started pushing me, now I was not much afraid of him and punched him, he felt down unconsious, every body saw that and started clapping. I felt nice this way.
One boy came to stop me …….but I pushed him back.
My friends also tried to tell me but I scolded them, and they went away.
Jasmin was looking at me, I thought may be she is impressed about how I punched kasim…………….but no, she wasn’t.
She said’ what has happened to you? you have lost respect from me for u,  I have always liked you but I hate u now!’ and she left saying that angrily. I felt very bad about it.
I came home when my mother stopped me and said to bring some mateial from shop, I brought it. When I was about to eat my dinner she stopped me and said to wash my hand first. She asked me to remove mixture from above cubord
’do it nicely and safely’she said,
She stopped me many times………….. fed up with her argument, I angrly said,’ don’t instrust me again and again, just leave me alone!!!! I don’t want your advice, just leave me alone.’
That night mother didn’t come home, mother had made some food in morning but I didn’t feel much hungry, I got tensed about what to do? I felt guilty about what I said to her and I didn’t mean her to go away.
I just took out the lamp and rubbed it ……….but genie didn’t came out now I really got tensed.
I started to rub the lamp even more fastly….



Finally! The genie appeared.
‘why are u crying? What happened?’genie said.
I told him everything about what has happened.
He said,’I told u, to wish wisly, but you never listen prpoperly, now see what has happened.’
‘I am sorry, for not listening to your instruction properly’ I apologised to genie.
Now I was thinking filled with regret, wondering how to put piece of my life together after one magical movement.
' I have lost my mother, I have lost jasmine, my respect , my friends everything  That’s fine end'. i said.
‘That’s end for your story, and u will make it better’ the genie said.
‘what? How could I make it better?’ I asked the genie,
‘well, as I know in the stories, just when things look bleakest, the hero would do something unexpected and courageous and save the day’ the genie said,
Genie I know what I have to do, I still have my third wish left-“ I wish for u make things the same as they were before ……..before meeting you.
The genie filliped his finger……….
Every thing began to go dark, everything was dark, I began to think about what is happening????????????????????????
I heard some voice calling me…….
‘Alladin! Ali get up! Get up! It is morning, you will late for college’ my mother said.
I had tears in my eyes as I saw my mother was sitting next to me, I just huged her and said ‘I love u mommy!’
‘what happened?’mother said.
‘ no, nothing happened …….nothing… I will always listen to u’ I said.
I took the bath and went to college……..
It was last day of my college means farewell day, we had small party organised in the college, every body had wore nice clothes on this day, I had the same stick in my hand,every thing seemed normal as it was before.
One boy came to me, properly dressed, oil on his hair and specs on his eyes,
‘Hiii’ he said.
‘Hiii’ I said to him with confusing look,
‘Sorry…….. but I don’t know you’I said,
‘You don’t know me?’ he said with big eyes staring at me .
He said he is kasim!!!
My mouth wide open, I was just looking at him making myself believe what I am seeing.
‘You are kasim! Kasim is it u trully? What happened to u?’I asked
 I thought he would make fun and push me but no he didn’t do that.
‘what happened to u?,’I asked
He had smile on  his face and brought his hand to shake with me.
‘I am sorry, for treating u bad, I am really sorry’ he said.
Is he apolojizing to me……………..
‘This is real me since it is last day of college and I wanted tell u the truth, I was teasing u, just to seem cool to every one but truly, I am not that kind of boy u think I am’ he said,
‘I am sorry that I teased u, hope we are friends ‘ he said
 I just shook the hand with him
Now things are seeming more confortable. Also little deprestion that for this many times we were together we didn’t knew it.
 hahaha, is it funny na. before we were just fighing against each other and now we are friends

Jasmin was looking very beautiful that day. She came near me and handed one letter with little smile on her face.
I quickly opened the letter it was written: “ I like u”
Wow! It is so nice she likes me too……………….
We both on the stage ……….. danced the floor…. Not many were watching us.
I held her close to me though, I can’t dance but she holded my hand and helped me and supported me, I put my head on her shoulder and she put her arms around me, it was most amazing movement of my life.
But shit we both knew truth.

She wanted to become doctor, take career in medical course and eventually her father also got transfer to other city.
We were on different roads, she and me. two ships that passed in same sea but are floting different direction.
 Since it is last day of college,
But the most important I will miss my college days and my friends a lot ………….
I came home to see the lamp to thank genie for teaching me nice lesson about life……….. but their was no lamp.
Moral: “ Never try to become someone else which u are not, always love yourself, know that u are special in some way, always listen to others carefully,make friendship with enemy instread of hurting them, do not wait for perfect time as time waits for no one,  every time is perfect to do right thing.”

By:Pradeep Bhitale

No comments:

Post a Comment